Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Contemplation of Change

Stories are great, and the ones I like are the ones that inspire us. I have walked over 1200 miles, and met hundreds of people. All who have had extraordinary stories experiences, and if met, you will find yourself challenged to go seek harder after yours. I love stories, and love watching friends go out, seeking theirs. What I love the most is when I see the difference in change. No doubt, our lives effect those around us and those who hear of our victory and defeats, but ignorance is bliss so even when heard, mans pride keeps them exactly where it wants it.  On a long wide path, with escalators, shopping malls and shiny television screens to distract you from the long road you've been on. This road has enough room for all mankind to walk on, straight to their own demise. Walking a road, traveled by every fool and every rebel, a road that  leads to conformity  apathy, laziness  selfishness, greed and deceit. All the product of hate. I too can be like them and sometimes my actions say "I am not 'like' one of them, I am one of them." Though that is not my heart. 

In my travels I crossed paths with three different monks, all wise by the time spent in mediation of contemplation of what is real and what is not. It makes me think of my favorite quote, and it is this. "The inward reality is not a reality at all, until there is an outward expression."-Richard Foster.  
So what is real? Anything that has been outwardly expressed? Your pride? Your ego? We all have it or at least the illusion of it. However we manifest it everyday, because this is a universe of unlimited possibilities. We choose to manifest our ego, our pride through  actions, words and body language. So my questions is this, Why? Why do do we manifest our egos, through our bodies, when in the end, it is the very thing that allows our souls to become toxic and sick? 

Here is my answer, stress. 

Think about what stress will do to a person inwardly. When someone is caring so much about any one thing, it becomes toxic and immediately your body is effected and an environment inside you is born encouraging the growth of ego, cancers, disease, and all other sicknesses. Truthfully I tell you, care for nothing. For all belongs to our father. His breath is ours and in us,  and when we speak words, they have the power to create. So speak words of light, love and encouragement, do not be a slanderer. But speak truthfully, for a wise man will recognize his folly, but a fool stays blind to his own ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment