Thursday, May 5, 2011

Did you know?

I've been living with people from my everyday waking life for about 8 months now. Meaning I go to sleep listening to someone snore, breathe and fart and I wake up to the same noises and aromas. I don't think I'm complaining, but I think it's difficult living with other people sharing the same personal space. Most of the time when I look forward to being alone I think, YES! I'm gonna write and play guitar and piano and do whatever I want. The truth is I just get lonely and think about doing other things. Like climbing and kayaking or jumping off cliffs. Earlier this winter I had an awesome moment of feeling alive. My buddy came back from his hometown and pulls up outside my house. He ask after we greeted each other "So what do you want to do?" Grabbing two pairs of swimming trunks I said "Lets make some memories" I told him where to drive and we pull up to Lewis Creek, this place where I boulder. It has some amazing sights and waterfalls that crash onto rocks below. We got out of his car and stomped through the 3 feet of snow and after a short hike we were at the bottom of this massive waterfall. Ice cold mist is soaking our clothes and we change into our trunks and charge into the ice cold water. After being submerged into the water and some man yelps we jumped out. Later that night we went to the bar had some drinks and I told him about God, and forgiveness. He cried and memories were made.  Thats how I want all my memories to be. A God given adventure or sorts, times where the inner man can be submerged and brought back to life with a screaming yelp. Then to end the memory with a word.
All the guys that I have lived with over the last eight months I had to forgive and had to ask for forgiveness. Its not easy living with other people. Where all different and taught to live differently. Some of us feel are more masculine than others some more feminine. Some more daring and some more caring. What Im saying is one day I'm going to be able look back and remember how much I was annoyed with people I lived with and laugh, remembering how much I learned while I was living with them and how I learned to love them. Times right now ARE hard. I'm constantly asking myself, Should I go do EARS or go get lost in the woods and climb all summer. I'm still leaning towards EARS (EARS is a school for Ecology and Resource Stewardship) and it would have to take a vision and a word of God to tell me not to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment