Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I miss you.

And if the end were to come and your fiery eyes burn out my retinas, would I be so blind that I could no longer see the blade of your words rendering my soul? I fear I wouldn't, and while you take up with you all those who have lived their lives in abandon, would I even notice? Would you call it love, to live for you out of fear, of destruction, or an eternal darkness? I wouldn't.
I remember when you told me about the fire that burns out the impurities, but when the coal burned to ash and smoke had finally settled. I was angry because what I had before, I thought it was better. I failed you, through the furnace, instead of lifting of my voice in worship, I cursed you, and wished I had died in it. Now I am helpless, and my will is to doubt you. What was it all for, because I've never felt so distant from you.
A long line of lessons learned, and to you, my lord, I will always return. Though the fear of you never recognizing me again. That when i die, you will simply say, who is this?
I need to know that you are there, because the dreams I have prove to be night-terrors. And If there is a reason for this at all, please let me know. Because the darkness in my heart has overtaken my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment